Tuesday 11 December 2007

Introduction

This is mainly a place for my ravings and rantings about Bollywood movies (or commercial Hindi cinema, if you prefer a more convoluted term). I have been a fan for a while, well, since 2004, and I have a weakness for trashy movies.

You know, the ones where you know that a person is evil right from the start because they are played by Gulshan Grover or by Amrish Puri in yet another has to be seen to be believed wig, which have the brilliant kawooooosh sound effects, and the hero easily takes out 20 heavily armed villains on horses just because he is the hero; and the half a dozen story lines, half of which disappear somewhere around the middle.

This is somewhat of an experiment. Past experience has shown that I am not that great with creating long reviews, but I like pictures and find it easier to comment on them, so the posts are likely to involve quite a bit of visual material. And I like Sanjay Dutt and Akshay Kumar, so there is going to be a lot of their movies as well.

2 comments:

Beth Loves Bollywood said...

Thanks for the link! I look forward to reading!

antarra said...

Thanks, I have been reading your blog with pleasure for some time.

By the way, I am Gebruss most other places.